TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
It is important that your attention is drawn to the terms and conditions of hire set out below and on both sides of the rental agreement and the condition of your hire vehicle shown on the inspection report. You will be required to sign both of these forms at the commencement of your hire.
Please pay special attention to the "Statement of liability" as you may be liable for some additional charges in respect of the following: -
1. MILEAGE - All hires receive 200 free mileage allowance per hire day.
Excess mileage charged at current mileage rate. (Please see price list for current mileage charges)
2. LATE RETURN/EARLY PICK UP - When a vehicle is reserved, we will assume that its return time is exactly the same as its collection time, unless otherwise stated. Vehicles returned later than stated return time are liable for a full extra days hire charge. Depending on availability sometimes our vehicles are available for early pick-ups. For example, if you had a van reserved for 1 day starting at 08:30 in the morning, if it was available you could collect it at 17:00 the night before. If notified in advance a small charge is applied to both late returns and early pick-ups. (Please see price list for current Late/Early charges)
3. DAMAGE/COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER - Collision Damage Waiver is available only at the commencement of hire and reduces the damage excess down from £750 to £250 (Please see the price list for current Collision Damage Waiver charges).
Our damage procedure is as follows - Once damage has been identified the excess will be taken from your deposit. This will either be the full £750 or £250 if Collision Damage Waiver was taken out with your hire. We will then obtain a quote from a bodyshop. If the repair costs fall under the amount already paid a refund for the difference will be processed immediately. You are not liable any repair costs above the set excess. (The only cases that differ from the above are when Gross Negligence has occurred).
ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS:
Credit/Debit Card - When paying by Credit/Debit Card your details will be held as a deposit for reserving the vehicle and as security whilst it is on hire.
Cancellation Charge - Once a vehicle has been booked 24 hours notice must be given. If less notice is given one days hire charge will be applicable.
Extra drivers are £6 and the limit on the amount of drivers you can have per vehicle is 2. All drivers must be present at the commencement of hire and must fit the criteria below: -
- Must be between ages 23 - 72 for vans and 23 - 75 for cars (MPV drivers must be aged between 25 - 69 with 5 years driving experience. Minibus drivers must be aged between 30 - 69 with 5 years driving experience and have category D1 on their drivers licence. 7.5 tonne drivers must be aged between 25 - 69 with 5 years driving experience and have category C1 on their drivers licence.)
- Must have a full UK drivers licence with a minimum of 2 years driving experience
(Non UK licences can be used with no extra charges but we must be advised of these cases in advance)
- Must advise us at the booking stage of any endorsements or any convictions on their drivers licence
(If you have multiple convictions or have ever been disqualified please ask for more details)
- All drivers without exception must upon collection of vehicle produce their driver's licence (Both parts) & I.D
OUT OF HOURS RETURNS
All vehicles must be checked back in by a member of our staff. When vehicles are returned after hours or on weekends there might not be a member of our staff available until Monday morning to check it back in. Therefore all vehicles remain the sole responsibility of you the hirer until we have checked your vehicle back in whenever that may be.
We allow all of our vehicles to be taken abroad. Advance notice must be given because special insurance arrangements must be made. Under no circumstances must a vehicle be taken overseas without our approval. All vehicles travelling overseas must have suitable breakdown cover. AA 5* cover is available through the hire dept. Customers choosing to use their own cover must have the equivalent cover to AA 5*. Our standard breakdown cover only covers vehicles on the UK mainland. If vehicles are taken overseas without the correct cover it is the sole responsibility of the hirer to bare the entire breakdown and recovery costs should the vehicle breakdown.
(To get the latest prices and details for European hire charges and AA 5* cover please get in touch with our hire dept)
ONE WAY HIRES
All one-way hires must be booked in advance. We can supply any size of car or van from either our Kendal or Penrith depots to any pick up point in the UK.
(To get the latest prices and details for One Way Hires or to book please get in touch with our hire dept)
All of our vehicles have full breakdown cover. If you are unfortunate and happen to breakdown please contact our depot 01539 728532 (This is a 24 hour contact number). We will need to know as many details as possible like where you are, what the problem is, where are you going, is the vehicle fully loaded etc. To enable us to help overcome the problem in the best possible way for all parties involved.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE LIST OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS IS GIVEN BY WAY OF EXAMPLE ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO BE EXHAUSTIVE FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT OUR LOCAL BRANCHES UPON REQUEST